assterisk-deactivated20120703 asked: i miss you immensely are you alive
Anonymous asked: HI
assterisk replied to your post: Why We Love Kurt Vonnegut! Ugh I wish I had a computer rn. I’m gonna share as soon as I get home in a few days IS THAT ALLOWED ALWAYS ALLOWED honey just do whatever your little heart desires
Why We Love Kurt Vonnegut!
Thanks so much to everyone who shared their thoughts on what Kurt means to them! I can’t tell you how much I loved reading then—they were all so beautiful and inspiring. There were so many, in fact, that I’m putting them under a “Read More” so that you don’t all have an insanely long post on your dashboards. Once again, thanks for sharing your love of Kurt! ...
Any more recollections of why you love Kurt and... →
justaminger asked: Have you read Timequake? I always found it profoundly weird that Kilgore Trout died when he was 84 in that book. And so did Kurt. : (
So it goes.
5 years ago today, Mr. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. passed away. Or “appeared to die”, as the Tralfamadorians would say. I think today is a wonderful day to remember what they taught Billy Pilgrim, which is that a person who is dead is still very much alive in the past. Kurt Vonnegut had 84 years’ worth of moments in his life, during which he gave us the lasting gift of his creativity. We...
vonnegutphile replied to your post: My big brother visited today and he was talking about his night last night - he met someone from Bermuda. I was like “in Bermuda they call mirrors leaks”. Everyone “oh really?” me - “aye, as in a leak to another universe” everyone “hmm interesting”. Having secret lols at the absolute radges XD I wish I could reblog this, it’s so good. Screenshot it?
mclaughodon asked: My big brother visited today and he was talking about his night last night - he met someone from Bermuda. I was like "in Bermuda they call mirrors leaks". Everyone "oh really?" me - "aye, as in a leak to another universe" everyone "hmm interesting". Having secret lols at the absolute radges XD
assterisk replied to your post: I have been in the library for approximately seven hours. this made me laugh and want to hug you and aw honey i’m sorry but hahah hahaha, it’s ok. my friend who took the picture couldn’t stop laughing. and neither could i. we finally calmed down and then i tried to move the bookmark ribbon in the book and we lost it again.
I have been in the library for approximately seven...
Because the books that I need for research are all on course reserve, which means you can’t check them out of the library. So I’ve had to take all my notes here instead of at home. Not to mention one of the books is HUGE: That is me, a normal-sized person, sitting in a chair that is supposedly intended for normal-sized people but which was clearly built for Hagrid. And that is a...
Mankind flung its advance agents ever outward, ever outward. Eventually it flung...– Kurt Vonnegut (The Sirens of Titan)
whatdoyouhavetoprove: 1. Three things I want to say to three different people. 2. One of my insecurities. 3. What turns me on. 4. One of my bad habits. 5. Who I wish I could be. 6. Where I want to be right now. 7. The last thing I ate. 8. Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately. 9. What song I’m currently listening to. 10. The last time I cried and why. 11. Something I’m...
That man’s got a lot of get up and go,” said Anita. “He fills me full of lie...– Kurt Vonnegut, Player Piano (via prologi)
assterisk replied to your post: What is your favorite Vonnegut novel? Mine personally is The Sirens of Titan. i really need to read the sirens of titan gawddd ugh YES. do it do it do it. thewanderingwillow replied to your post: What is your favorite Vonnegut novel? Mine personally is The Sirens of Titan. I just finished Bluebeard and it wasn’t one of my favorites, but the other 3 are top...
thegrandidiot-deactivated201212 asked: What is your favorite Vonnegut novel? Mine personally is The Sirens of Titan.
To be is to do - Socrates To do is to be - Sartre Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra– Kurt Vonnegut (via bzori)
jessicalalala-deactivated201205 asked: i'm getting his quote "How embarrassing to be human." either on my ribs or on the side of my forearm along with his "*" tagged at the end. :) i'm super excited about it!
Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the...– Kurt Vonnegut (via thesebeautifuleditions)
My professor for my Leonardo da Vinci seminar is...
Our final papers are due in a month, and she told us today that instead of coming to class to turn them in, we’re going to meet at her house. And she’s going to cook us an authentic Italian dinner and give us wine and just chat with us about our papers. She. Is. Fabulous.
the-sirens-of-titan asked: 18, 27, 41, 66, 81
1. Would you have sex with the last person you text messaged?
2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
3. Have you taken someones virginity?
4. Is trust a big issue for you?
5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
6. What are you excited for?
7. What happened tonight?
8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
9. Is confidence cute?
10. What is the last beverage you had?
11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
14. What are you going to spend money on next?
15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
18. The last time you felt broken?
19. Have you had sex today?
20. Are you starting to realize anything?
21. Are you in a good mood?
22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
24. What do you want right this second?
25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
33. Are you one of those people who never drinks soda?
34. Listening to?
35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
38. Who did you last call?
39. Who was the last person you danced with?
40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
44. Do you tan in the nude?
45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
47. Who was the last person to call you?
48. Do you sing in the shower?
49. Do you dance in the car?
50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
53. Is Christmas stressful?
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
59. Take a vitamin daily?
60. Wear slippers?
61. Wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
63. First concert?
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
65. Nike or Adidas?
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Favorite Taylor Swift song?
69. Ever take dance lessons?
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
74. What is your favorite book?
75. Do you study better with or without music?
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
79. What was the last concert you saw?
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Favorite type of cookie?
83. Can you swim well?
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
87. Ever won a contest?
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
90. Opinions on sex before marriage?
91. Best room for a fireplace?
92. Do you want to get married?
Here lies Howard Campbell’s essence, Freed from his body’s noisome nuisance....– (via thesidepocketkid)
vonnegutphile asked: R, T, Y
the-sirens-of-titan asked: D, T, V
Ask me things!
the-sirens-of-titan: A - If I’m in love. B - Who the last person I talked to on the phone was. C - How long it’s been since I’ve kissed. D - If I have a preference for boys or girls. E - How many holes I have in my ears. F - Give me any options, like ‘hot or cold?’ G - The last person I said ‘I love you’ to. H - The last person I hugged. I - The last time I felt jealous, and why. J - How old...
whistlesays reblogged your photo I love Kurt’s expression of “Why da fuq you takin’ pictures of me?” in every photo.
Perhaps I am the turtle, able to live simply anywhere, even underwater for short...– Vonnegut, Slapstick (via its-not-pain)
Everything about life is a joke. Don’t you know that?– Kurt Vonnegut (via vonnegutgroupie)
Well, I hope you all had a lovely April Fools Day!
I truly enjoyed picking out some of Kurt’s funniest quotes and cutest photos to share with you guys, and I hope you all enjoyed them on your dashboards (frequent as they were). Seems like I got a great response from you guys :) You’ll now be returning to a more reasonable schedule of Kurt’s wisdom. Love you all! -Lauren
When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth.– Kurt Vonnegut
We are about to be attacked by Al Qaeda. Wave flags if you have them. That...– Kurt Vonnegut
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class...– Kurt Vonnegut
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.– Kurt Vonnegut
There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of...– Kurt Vonnegut
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don’t know what...– Kurt Vonnegut
The youngest child in any family is always a jokemaker, because a joke is the...– Kurt Vonnegut